Friday, March 2, 2012

A solace fairytale....

The alarm clock sometimes offers reprieve from a long and sleepless night.  A night where hours drag on for days, where you keep looking at the clock and minutes creep consistently, in this madness there is one thing walking across your mind, the thought of being alone.

I used to write you novels. I would lay my heart on the line. Share my darkest thoughts, my fears. I would sit here and dream about how life would be next to you. I would think about where we would be when we were older. How beautiful the character lines on your face would appear to me. How the feel of your hands, roughened with time, would feel on my mature face.

I played out, in my mind, our entire life. The years would fly by me. Sunset to sunrise, in my heart, I loved you forever. And in my fantasy you were always there.

These thought consumed me for so many years. It truly made me happy, happy to have you even if you were far away, even if our time physically was limited.

I knew not the outcome, nor could I fathom that there would always be so many memories that we never got to make...

When it comes to ultimate happiness, no matter what troubles lie ahead, it’s very easy to be consumed by a fairytale, especially a fairytale that you would expect the outcome to be solace.

No comments:

Post a Comment