Saturday, August 4, 2012

In this world of lies, you're the only truth I know

The best and worst things about life revolve around the complexities of the various situations that we find ourselves in. We plan out our directions. We map out our intentions. Never knowing when we will be thrown a curve ball, never knowing when to take the risk. All we know for certain is; we will be offered the chance to swing away or watch it pass us by. We will be standing there with hopes that the call will be in our favor. With hopes that if we do swing and miss or let it go we will get another try that we are offered the opportunity to succeed. Deep down we know there is a risk of failing and that everyone around us will be there to see our rise or our fall.

Our greatest potential isn't based on our ability to make this decision...It’s based on our ability to keep trying, regardless if the outcome is that of triumph or failure! In these moments we find our humility. In these moments we determine our needs and test our personal strength.

Our emotions will more than once take control and lend reason for our decision to seize opportunities or our decision to let them pass by.

Thank you for giving me that chance. I meant everything I said to you...And somehow I feel as though I haven't said enough. The emotion leading me right now is fear. As much as I try to show you what I'm feeling I can't show you enough. I have my regrets in our past. At times I am able to rationalize my fears and regrets with a shallow and compromising thought; that somehow each step made us stronger.

Saying this now is easier because so many open ended questions were answered for me just by sharing our brief moment in time. Saying this is easier when you have so much to fear. Fear to fail and fear to succeed.

It's simple and beautiful, the depth of emotions that are lying there just beneath the surface. Waiting to become a way of life, waiting to shine and embrace living. And it's complex and disastrous to keep playing the safe side hoping for another chance to overcome petty fears.

I went into this with little expectations and all-out fear. We've worked so hard to forge a friendship and build a bridge back toward each other. Now… my only fear is losing you. The effects of my decisions changed so many things but at the same time taught me what I needed to have in my life and what I needed to understand about myself in order to understand love.

Real love comes from friendship, all of the aspects of friendship, and is freely ignited by passion. Real love comes from desire, the desire to please yourself and the ones you hold dearest to your heart. Real love is enveloped with trust, compassion and forgiveness. This is the lesson I’ve learned to embrace and it has made the biggest impact on my life. It’s the lesson that we’ve used to forge this bridge that we are walking along now.

I am amazed by the effect that you have over me. It's a balance that I feel just being in your presence. There is contentment in my heart and mind when I lay there beside you there is a passion that ignites my soul through your touch. There is an innocence that consumes me and renders a unique silence, in an attempt to capture or memorize everything about you so that I can recall every detail of every moment that I have with you.

We are good at painting grey areas and keeping our boundaries. But we often forget to share those boundaries with each other. We are pro’s at standing there looking at each other and hoping that the call is in our favor.

Essentially one of us has to take that step into the box and take the risk. I'm swinging for the fences. we don't know what the next pitch being thrown our way will be...I never want you to doubt my feelings for you. Even if you don't share the same emotions...you deserve to know how I feel about you. I never want to make you a promise that I can’t keep...I never want to put you in a place that you can’t handle. Or ask more of you than you are willing to give to me. I don’t want to add un-necessary pressure to our lives..in saying all of this, you very much understand what you mean to me. So I want you to know I’m not asking you to stay for the rest of my life, stay as long as you want. Stay with No why’s, no how’s, no but’s, no promises. Just stay. And I will gladly wait for you because waking up and knowing you will be a part of my day is more than enough....because in this world of lies, you're the only truth I know..

Thank you for everyday that u have given me. You are such a driving force in my life...Please never forget that...

No comments:

Post a Comment